Saturday, March 21, 2009

Celebration!

Let's be honest Valley. Living in America gives us so many reasons to celebrate. Even in times of financial difficulties, it's still the best place to be. March Madness, College Football, Fantasy baseball auctions, Cheeseburgers, Maxim Magazine, The Rucker, Key West, Ponzi Schemes...oh wait, sorry...I mean, how many examples are there?? Well, today I am celebrating with some friends, and we're celebrating the NCAA tourney and our City League Basketball team. I am sad to report that we finished second, with a tough loss in the championship game this past Wednesday. We were missing our feistiest player and it hurt a little but all in all it was a good season and we are celebrating, as we should. How are we celebrating? With beers, basketball and Courvoisier....pass the Courvoisier baby.

Also, we are celebrating the fact that The KValley Report has surpassed 500 hits!!!! I mean what's next, appearances on Leno, The View, or Light at Night with Al Light????? Things are blowing up, so what better way to celebrate the 500 hits than with a game of...you got is "500" My boys and I are going outside right this minute to play a game that raised us on the elementary playgrounds, I'll be back...........

.............Wow. It began as an intense childhood rivalry between great friends, and it ended without reaching the actual "500" score but instead, with everyone's shoes filled with dog poo.
Haha, that was awesome. What I can say is that Mikey Schroeder was in the lead with 200, and Erik "Perm" Ferden failed to capitalize on a direct pass to him and ended with 0. It's okay, it's the thought that counts. Thanks Valley for 500 and hopefully many more. Now back to beer and basketball!! Of course after some very exciting lyrics. And like my friend Kevin just said, "Ahhh, music and basketball, music and basketball...."

"I like beer in my fridge, especially when there's nothing else in it!!! Half a loaf of bread....Beer in my fridge...." Jeffrey Lee Lubinski, to the instrumental of "Afternoon Delight"

Out like Wake Forest (big fart noise)
McQuillan

--With ideas, stories, or just some random nonsense...which I love, email me at:
kvalleyreport@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment