Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Words of Wisdom...duh.

BLAU!!!! that's the sound of the KValley Report meter hitting the big 300 baby!!!!! Nice work Valley, worldwide up in here, what! Alright, I just wanted to give a quick shot out to our Eagan City League team, as we advanced into the championship game for next Wednesday. A little "March Madness" of our own, thank you very much. We hit a couple big shots, and played some timely D against a much bigger and longer team. Big win...big win. In fact, it was so big, it kind of reminded me of this. Ooooo, does that get you going a little bit? Excited for championship week and the NCAA tourney??? yeah meeeeeeee too! I'm going to make sure to fill the Valley in on my Final Four picks soon. And don't forget about the 1st annual KValley Report Draft Pick'em. And on the NFL note, I'm going to discuss a couple things right now that have been on my mind lately.

Dealing with people
This is literally what needs to happen for us all to survive. I mean until Judgment day of course, then we'll have to deal with that whole Skynet thing, but I digress. My boss, the senior partner at a law firm, literally told me "F you" yesterday. Except he actually said the word, and he said it about 20 other times too. And, honest to God, it was because I missed a day of work because my car broke down. Needless to say, that place is a joke, and it's because of the ability to deal with people...clearly. I don't pretend that I'm the easiest person to deal with all the time, but at the very least I act professionally and treat people with respect. I don't think that's too hard to ask, but I think people's ideas of respect clash.

Take for instance the Denver Broncos and Jay Cutler. Maybe even more specifically, Josh McDaniels (head coach of the Denver Broncos) and Jay Cutler (quarterback for the Denver Broncos). This is such a terrible job of dealing with people that it may cost the Broncos a rising superstar in the NFL, and it will and has cost Cutler some "street cred" for acting a little childish. I can tell you right now that I'm pointing fingers at both sides. First, Jay, you overreacted to a guy coming in and wanting his guy to play QB. That's not that hard to understand, is it? On top of that, this other QB went 11-5 in a far tougher division than Cutler did and is familiar with what McDaniels is going to do in Denver. And even further, Cutler has a losing record in the NFL and has yet to make the playoffs. This is a business and trades happen and Jay needed to deal with this better, even if it did hurt his feelings, which I understand. Secondly, Denver, why are you continuing to lie or hide behind what you actually did?? Tell the man what you were trying to do, and man up. It's not that difficult a concept to understand (Those who are in trouble for lying to the feds about steroid use, take note). When it's all said and done, Cutler is a stud and obviously Denver doesn't want to lose him. But that's what they're doing by not being honest, especially because Jay is a bit sensitive about the issue, and they should have known that by now. It's called dealing with people, figure it out and you'll be a lot better off. I'm trying to figure out new things every day and I think I'm above average at dealing with people. At least enough to see that this situation is ridiculous. It never should have happened, and each side's inability to right the ship could end up costing them. Tisk tisk.

T.O. Follow Up
So, I last spoke about what a disaster this guy has to be for a team like Dallas to let him go like that. And as soon as I said that the complete opposite side of the coin lands facing up. Terrell Owens to Buffalo. Well, I will keep this short because there's not much to it. Buffalo plays some games in Toronto...yeah. In case you're not from around here and ended up reading my blog, Buffalo isn't the most profitable sports market in the world. TO will sell seats, and by giving him a one year deal, they are basically saying, "Hopefully he helps us get to the playoffs before ruining our team, and we think that by only giving him a 1 year deal, that is possible." And I agree whole heartedly. It's a perfect move. They guarantee TO $4 million, and will sell more tickets, and probably win more games because whether you like him or not, TO is still an elite receiver in the NFL. If he works out for them maybe they enter the sweepstakes next year, or maybe nobody wants him and he has to sign again? Either way Ralph Wilson knows the economy is in rough seas and he's buying himself another year. Because with TO, they will get a lot more attention, which means more $$$. Well done Buffalo, well done. TO, you're in Buffalo, that's what it's come to for you buddy, grab a hold of yourself.

Misc.
I'm going to Chicago this weekend for the greatest holiday of the year (St. Patty's day Saturday). I love the crap out out of St. Patty's day. I am approx 1/4 Irish, I get every last drop of shamrock out of that 1/4, and much of my history proves that. Obviously my name helps to prove it too, but I take that piece of irish heritage as seriously as it needs to be taken, and so should you...if you're irish. I hope to have some fun things to say about my weekend, and if anyone has a super ill St. Patty's day story, please send it to kvalleyreport@gmail.com. I would love to read them and even post some of the best.

Alright, coming very soon maybe within a day, we have a story so amazing you couldn't make it up. One of my buddies, who you'll get a fabulously scary, funny, and awesome glimpse of, is being so kind to grace us with the "Great Escape". I can't wait, and neither can you.

Without further ado, lets get to my favorite part of what I do here on the KValley Report. Great song lyrics...or just great lyrics. The one thing about music I love so much, is how different songs and genres hit me at different moods and just seem to match where I am emotionally. I doubt I'm alone there. I'm usually a hip hop guy and I love great hip hop music above all, but tonight I got something else that's just working for me.

"And when the night is cloudy, there is still a light that shines on me, shine until tomorrow, let it be...I wake up to the sound of music, Mother Mary comes to me, there will be no sorrow let it be...let it be, let it be" Aww snap, play the darn video...............................

Out like Momma said to knock you...
McQuillan

1 comment:

  1. Jag,
    I think your opinion on the Cutler situation is correct, but it is hard for a die hard Bronco fan to look at it that critically and leave emotion out of it. Try to imagine Cutler in a Viking's uniform for the past 3 years, you haven't won a play-off game, and Cutler repeatedly says he has a stronger arm than Elway (ah...imagine Elway played for the Vikings too), and just overall Cutler being a whiny B about several little things over the past 3 years. Here is what you would feel like saying:
    "Just Shut Up and Play Ball Cutler. Listen to your coaches, make your money, try hard, and focus on winning games. Also, get a hair cut for Elway's sake- you look like a kid from an 80's sitcom."

    Erin go Brah
    hoop

    ReplyDelete