Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Hot Darn, It's a New Day!

I'm sure everyone reading this has instant messaged before, and if you haven't; pop that VHS tape out of your VCR, put down your walkman, and grab a hold of yourself it's 2009 buddy. One thing I have been thinking about the last couple days is something that's never talked about but I know you all have experienced it. Maybe I'm over thinking it, but it's the only time this type of real-time "double conversation" happens in all of communication that i can think of. You know when each of you are typing questions, and or, answering questions? But, both people are doing it, so you're each responding and typing on 2 different subjects or topics? Does that just boggle anyone else's mind? Picture a real conversation going that way, I mean picture actually talking to your homie and some junk like this is going on:

you: hey, what time is ur game tonight?
homie: how was ur date last night?
homie: i think it's @ 8, but let me double check on that.
you: it was pretty cool, she was hot and nice. She also had this sick hairdo that looked like Peggy Bundy. Her favorite color is green and she's a professional rodeo clown...way athletic.
you: cool, just let me know cuz i'm thinking i'll swing by the game
homie: damn bro, ur date sounds more like a nightmare than cool? how in the H-E-double hockey sticks did she get to be a rodeo clown?
homie: oh btw, the game is @ 8, yeah swing through
you: I don't know maybe she was a bit weird, it's just been a while since I closed the deal if you know what I mean........yeah man I'll be over later, peace.

Now, I know it all makes sense and you got all the pertinent info, but if I was in an actual conversation like that, I would probably think I accidentally took some acid with my frosted flakes. Two continuing parallel conversations, just isn't how I learned to deal with people and technology has now increased the productivity, by allowing for this sick multi-tasking. Super. Still, I find it odd and worth mentioning. Next time that happens, just give me a silent "shot out" and a chuckle, or maybe figure out a way to just cut one convo off, and finish the first before starting the second. Or shoot, see if you can ramp it up a bit and start a third while still keeping up on the first two??? Play with it, get back to me.....

We talking 'bout practice...


First off, it NEVER hurts to hear that beauty of a press conference....just a gem. And second, let me just say that I'm thrilled to be talking about practice. Last night was the first day in the rest of my life. St. Thomas University began spring football practice and I was on the field as an assistant. After 7 long years away from what I love, it was great to be back on the gridiron. There is a lot of learning currently so the coaches are currently coaching me, but "we talking 'bout practice!!" I even got called out in a "competitive drill" to "bear crawl" race against another coach from the defensive side of the ball. Yes, of course you're boy put on an athletic display of bear crawling brilliance and brought home the W for the offense...but it was all about getting back into the swing and it felt good, real good. Hat darn, it's a new day!!! And, for the record, I think practice is important, and as our head coach said last night. All the stuff that happens before you get to the top of the podium, the practices, meetings, successes, blunders....that's the good stuff, the journey is the good stuff. I'm on another on and looking forward to it. I still love that Iverson clip though....LOL!!

Speaking of...
A new day, it is supposed to be mid 60's here in lovely Minneapolis, and I just think that needs to be mentioned. I hope we are well on our way to some 70's very soon. Time for bbq's, some chilled white wine, a few Summer Ale's, and a golden tan....I can't wait, hot darn!!

The Devil and Me
So, to recap my trip to the "Devil's Playground from last weekend" things went pretty uneventfully until right about time the bar got let out. I'm not going to tell you what happened, but it wouldn't surprise many of you. Overall, it was good to see lots of friends and it was good to smash on some Rocco's Pizza!!! I also watched the full first season of Eastbound & Down from HBO, and if you don't know what that is, get acquainted, it rocks. That trip will undoubtedly be the last time I'm in Winona until I go back for this little thing call the "Tourney" in July and if you don't know about that, you better ax somebody.

And of course:
"Haters stay clear of him. Ya'll, stay and cheer for him. He got up out the game and overcame...let's hear it for him! Keep a new toy, so I wonder how could I not enjoy life I'm reliving my childhood....Hot Da(rn) it's a new day! Hot Da(rn), but them boys want that money man!" ~Clipse

Out like a Somali Pirate
McQuillan

No comments:

Post a Comment