Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Learning made fun! (moms would be so proud)

So, Memorial day weekend has come and gone. I hope the Valley has some great stories and got a lot of R&R (That's rest and relaxation for you Wisconsin born chumps!!) My plate was so full I don't even remember what I did on Saturday...what a weekend. Big shot out to Stro for taking his brother to a fun wedding, congrats Nate and Molly!! Big shot out to the Beckmans and our Prior Lake boat crew from yesterday, lots of fun. Crazy thing from yesterday was that 6 people went to dinner and 5 of us ordered a 1 lb. cheeseburger and finished it all!! I bet that hasn't happened there too much before. Good stuff. Now I'm going to share with you some things I learned this weekend, that should be entertaining for all.

LET ME LEARNS YOU ONTO SUMPIN......
If you quit trying to learn new things, you might as well quit life. There are always things to be learned, whether it be self help tips, academic knowledge, or just fun and interesting life lessons. If you're not paying attention for this stuff, I feel sorry for you, because it is everywhere. here are some examples from just the past couple days:







That is called Wake Surfing, I learned about it yesterday and told my buddy Logan that I did not believe what he was saying. So, naturally I go to youtube to see it with my own eyes. He was right, I was wrong...first time for everything I guess!! Basically you get behind a boat, with an artificially large wake on one side. This wake can be produced by weighing down one side of the boat so to tip it a little. then you use a rope to help get you started but once you're up and going you can just throw the rope in the boat and freaking surf on the wake!! And as you can tell the Wake pulls you right along. I think this is very cool and looks fun. I promise you that when the water here in MN gets above 70 degrees I will be trying this. Surfs up dudes!!!

I got a buddy going into the Army, and he's almost 30 years old. He's got a college degree, and has made the decision that he wants to serve. I'm proud of him and wish him luck. And as Memorial day weekend passes I wish to give thanks to all that serve in any capacity. Thank you. And on top of that I learned something about the process. Now, if you were to come out of high school or without a college degree of any kind, you enlist and you sign a contract that puts you in for a certain # of years. Basically, your booty is owned by the United States Government. Some would argue they own us anyway, but that's another blog post altogether, one we will probably never get to. Anyway, my buddy is going to go through boot camp as would anyone else, but then go to officer training school because of the college degree. Once he is commissioned as an officer he will be given rank as a Lieutenant, and will be free of his contractual obligations. At that point he is in for as long as he wants to be and hopefully will take advantage of the great training, put in his 20 years and retire with a nice pension and experience to do something else at age 50. I think this is cool to know for anyone thinking about making a change this serious. Well done my brother and god speed. oh and just for fun, check this gem out...Aaaaarmy training sir!!!!!



Oh what the heck, watch this one too....haha



Some other things I learned this weekend are as follows. If you look good, I mean if you really dress right gentlemen, women WILL and DO notice that. Make sure to take that into account next time you put on an outfit for a certain occasion.

BCBG continues to make hot women's shoes. go out and cop you some of those ladies...

Rap music at weddings really gets the party going, end of story.

When boating, it's important to remember that not everyone on the lake/river/ocean is going to look good in their bathing suits, understanding this is vital to enjoying your day. There should be surprises when troll up behind another boat and notice large objects in your rear view......feel me?

If you're going to eat a 1 lb. burger, just enjoy the moment. Don't worry about what the next morning in the bathroom might be like. Don't dwell on the number of calories you are taking in, because I promise you they will either be digested or disposed of otherwsie.

"...However, living better now Gucci sweater now, drop top BM's I'm the man girlfriend...Honey check it, tell your friends to get with my friends, and we can be friends...shoot we can do this every weekend, is that aight with you?? yeah...keep banging Valley!!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment