Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Winona...man that playground is rough....

I spent the last week in Winona coaching the Team Football Camp there, and I have to say that I was sad to go. It was an amazing week. I ran into old Winona acquaintances, met a lot of new people and just had an awesome week. Big shot out to the Warrior Team Camp, Coaches, Warrior football players, and the two great looking girls handing out Gatorade at the field!!!

Also, I happened to end up downtown every night and partied like a champion, but no big deal that's expected out of an self respecting Winonan, right? I ate at Sammy's Pizza, Rocco's Pizza, Bub's, Winona Sandwich Company, Hyvee, Hardee's (after the bars, of course) and, last but not least, Acoustic Cafe. I think I did a pretty solid job on the food front for my marathon week back to Winona.

This post isn't really going to bee too long because it's late and I'm spent. We've started Offensive staff meetings at UST, and football season is about to get cranked up!! I just wanted to inform the Valley that I hadn't forgotten about them, and I will be coming with some more gooooooood stuff in the next little bit.

One quick thing I want to address before I get out of here, is that this past week was the first time in a while that I dominated the Devil's Playground. I have an anecdote for the difficulties it so often presents. It's called "Limon & Water". This is my pledge that this is the best drink on the planet for hangovers. It gives you a little sweetness, but not over the top with the Limon because the water takes the edge off. AND you're getting hydrated while tipsy. Half business, half prevention. I promise it works. I have to give credit where credit is due, a fellow Winonan, Mike G. put me on to this magnificent wonder. So, while this post may not be content heavy, let it be known that you can be 30 years old, close the bar down 7 days in a row, be productive during each day, and DOMINATE that town that so often has dominated you...with Limon & Water. Pinky swear.

I'll get up with you fools in a hot minute, check out these sweet lyrics, as my summer winds down...

"Dear summer, I know you're going to miss me, for we've been together like Nike Airs and crisp tees, S dots with the Polo fleeces, purple label s**t with the logo secret..."

Out like a trooper, unless I've had a couple...
Mcquillan

No comments:

Post a Comment